Contact Lens Brands
Contact lens brands are constantly innovating and trying to make the best contact lens products possible. Some brands specialize in specific types of contacts, but most major name brands make contacts for a wide variety of eye conditions. Read about popular contact lens brands below.
Major Contact Lens Brands
- Acuvue: Acuvue lenses by Johnson & Johnson are the world’s #1 most popular prescription contact lens brand. Acuvue was the first company to sell daily disposable contact lenses, and currently are the brand behind popular lenses such as Acuvue Oasys, Acuvue 2, Acuvue 1-day Moist, and Acuvue Advance. Acuvue brand contacts are manufactured by Johnson and Johnson, and are known for their high level of comfort, and superior quality.
- Air Optix: Air Optix contact lenses are made by Ciba Vision, and are known for high oxygen permeability, and easy lens wear. Air Optix Contacts come in daily, weekly, toric, multifocal, and monthly lens varieties, with night and day options avilable as well.
- Biofinity: Biofinity Contact Lenses are made by Cooper vision, and utilizes their unique aquaform comfort technology to create a highly moist and breathable lens wearing experience. The added hydration creates a natural comfort, along with a natural resistance to dry-eye and protein deposit buildup.
- Biomedics: Biomedics are a rapid growing brand manufactured by Cooper Vision. Biomedics are made for weekly wear, and are practical for people of all ages and all eye conditions. Biomedics brand includes Clearsight and Ultraflex contact lenses, which are also made by Cooper Vision.
- Focus Dailies: Focus dailies are a highly popular brand of daily disposable contacts manufactured by Ciba Vision. Focus Dailies include the Aquacomfort plus line, as well as various other lines of focus daily contact lenses. Focus daily contact lenses are notable for their AquaRelease technology, which helps improve eye moisture, and prevent overall eye irritation due to wearing contact lenses.
- Frequency: Frequency Contact Lenses are manufactured by Cooper Vision, and are made for superior optical quality. Frequency lenses are made with a thin, highly deposit resistance material, and are manufactured using patented ultrasync technology that ensure comfort and quality across all lenses.
- Proclear: Proclear contact lenses are manufactured by Cooper Vision, and are some of the only contact lenses made specifically for their ability to provide moist lens wear for people with dry-eye issues. Proclear lenses are made in many different varieties, including Proclear toric, Proclear 1-day, and many other Pro Clear varieties.
- Soflens: Soflens are contacts manufactured by Bausch and Lomb, purposefully made to be thin, deposit-resistant, and breathable contacts. Soflens are manufactured for weekly wear shedules, and are available for astigmatism, presbyopia, and all other vision problems.
- Purevision: Purevision Contact Lenses are Bausch and Lomb’s best contacts, made for superior eyesight and crisp vision. Purevision contacts are made from “balafilcon a”, an innovative silicone hydrogel made exclusively for the Purevision contact to provide superior vision, moistness, and comfort.