Bacterial & Viral Infections
Bacterial & Viral infections are common for people of all ages. Most bacterial and viral infections aren’t that serious, but they all should be accounted for, and it’s important to talk to your eye doctor or general care physician before pursuing medical treatment. Additional to Bacterial and Viral eye infections, rare parasitic infections are also a cause of blindness and eye problems.
Types of Eye Infections
- Blepharitis is characterized by an inflammation of the tear duct either due to blockage or infection.
- Pink Eye and Conjunctivitis are experienced due to inflammation and irritation of the eye’s outer layers.
- River Blindness is a parasitic infection that causes skin lesions, and eventual blindness.
- Dacryocsystitis is an inflammation of the tear ducts, due to blockage or infection.
- Keratitis is an inflammation of the cornea due to a multitude of different causes.